Saturday, November 20, 2010

This wasn't a dream or a drunken stupor

Alcohol: 0
Me: 1

This is war, baby.

He knows exactly what I'm talking about
Last night I fell asleep while nursing the baby right around 8 o'clock.  I vaguely remember my husband coming in the room asking if I wanted to watch the Mentalist and I'm pretty sure I was abhorred that he would have the nerve to wake me up for a tv show, let alone to brush my teeth.  In short- I don't do well when I'm overtired.  Not in the least.  I make no sense and things are magnified by 14,000.

When I woke up at 3am not able to get back to sleep, I thought to myself, "mmm I'm so thirsty the last Mike's Hard Lemonade sounds delish."  But I also thought, "wait, I've been labeled with a drinking problem... and I started a blog about it!?!?!?!?  Was I.... DRUNK?"  So just to make sure, I www-ed hellodietcoke.blogspot, and to my horror I found it.  Being overtired is the bane of me.

I'm proud to announce, friends, that I prevailed.  Nothing presents a challenge to me better than being labeled.  ("labeled" is another relative term.  It's a bit harsh of a word for this situation.)  I thrive on being labeled.  Which maybe means I'm contrary, I don't know.  But I did it.  I drank apple juice instead.  Then brushed my teeth and got into pajamas, fyi.

A little background.  I don't have an alcoholic drink every day.  So really, this wasn't a huge feat for me.  Also, I'm not shaking today.  Does that mean my red flags are coming down?  I thought so, until my two year old came in this morning at 10am asking if I had a beer.  I gently gave her the benefit of the doubt and replied, "no, baby, I don't have a pear."  "no BEER!"  OKAY people, I get it.  T minus 89 days.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, you're not joking. Good for you, Kiwi. It's not easy to overcome anything, but it is possible. I predict that with God's help, you will totally kick butt on this:):) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello over there. haven't from you in a couple days. are we still on the wagon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *heard*

    and thought i'd mention that the security word i just had to type in was 'gates'. first darn real word i have gotten!

    ReplyDelete